Thursday, March 22, 2007
Rod you stay....Courtney, you're cut
Rod re-structured his deal earlier this month, which will keep him in the D-city at least through 2008. Thank jeebus. There was talk of him being a salary cap casualty earlier in the offseason, which is utter horseshit. You pretty much have to keep the franchise's greatest wideout ever on your roster, right?
In other news, the "Browncos" (which is an absolutely idiotic word) D-line lost it's first player earlier this week. That's right, the oft-injured, former #1 overall pick Courtney Brown failed a physical and was released. He was out all of last season with a knee, and it still hasn't healed properly. Fuck it. He was a decent run-stopper in '05, but he never lived up to the hype. Ranking the 5 (jeebus, is it really 5?) former Browns D-linemen we've picked up over the last three seasons, from most impressive to least impressive, the list looks like this:
1. Mike Myers - solid all around DT, good penetration
2. Kenard Lang - quick as fuck, one of our top pass rushers last year (even though thats not saying much)
3. Eb Ekuban - plays inside and out, not great at either - piss poor when asked to drop back in some goofy ass Larry Coyer coverage scheme
4. Gerard Warren - tub of goo, only good for clogging holes and eating sandwiches, looks like he doesn't give a fuck out there.
5. Courtney Brown - pathetic pass rush for the end spot, always hurt.
So there you go, in my opinion, the best Browns D-lineman we got was a throw-in in the Ruben Droughns trade. We need serious help on the line, folks.
Also: In case you haven't noticed, and judging by the attendance you havent, The Nuggets have managed to win a few ballgames and are threatening to climb out of the cellar They're not really in the cellar, they're currently the 7 seed if the playoffs started today, but they've looked much improved over the past couple of weeks. They've managed to run up a 5 game winning streak (including an absolute beat down of one of the 2 best teams in the league, the Suns), and were able to snap their 0 for 20+ streak of losing games when they score less than 100 by beating the Nets in Joisey 94-90.