Friday, February 29, 2008

So long - the sequel

OUT: Ian Gold


This one's a little tougher to swallow. I liked Ian. Well, to be more accurate, I remember Ian. The Ian that used to fly all over the field disrupting everything. The guy that could anticipate his blocks, fly by them and take down the ballcarrier before he got back to the line. The Ian who was so fast it that he made it nearly impossible to run outside on us.

Unfortunately, that Ian hasn't been around for the last couple of years. He's a litte older, a little banged up, undersized and he's not very good in pass coverage. Without the world-class speed all that shit is too much to overcome.

So, good luck to Ian. I was crushed when they let him leave in '04 and I was thrilled when they brought him back. I hope he catches on somewhere and has a great rest of his career.

I'll remember the good times, buddy.

No comments: