Saturday, March 1, 2008

Fine, but this is it.

IN: John Lynch

He re-worked his deal and he'll be back for another season of over-running the play, getting beat badly underneath and making an occassional big hit on a crossing play.

He was pretty classy about being asked to take a pay cut, though:

"And then I woke up thinking, "What am I doing?" I've got four kids who are happy here. I've found a home here and I didn't want to be one of those guys going from team to team. I felt I had earned what I had coming to me but sometimes you have to step back and look at the big picture. And the big picture to me was: I had to find a way to make this work."

At some point, Lynch is going to be one of the best football talking heads on TV. I just wish he was on the airwaves this fall.

There better be competition for the starting spot.

No comments: