Friday, March 7, 2008

The Boss of all Bosses

IN: Boss Bailey, SLB


Champ's baby brother joins the fold, sigining a 5yr, $17.5M deal w/ a $4.3M signing bonus. I like this move. He was a little bit of a dissapointment in Detroit, but I really think that simply playing with his brother will make him a better player. Who's not going to play hard for their all-world, big bro? He's gotta go back home to his family every Thanksgiving and hear from his other brothers Superstud and Noteworthy and his sister Beautiful about how good Champ is, how many interceptions Champ has, how Champ is the greatest CB since Deion Sanders, etc. It must drive Boss crazy.

Anyway, Mike Klis over at the D-Post is creaming his jeans about the size of the new starting LB corps. I don't know, maybe. Bigger isn't always better (that's what the girls always tell me anyway), but the D was so bad last year that anything is an improvement.

I'm still not completely sold on having DJ change positions again, but all I hear is how smart and athletic this Niko guy is, so maybe it's not a bad idea.

And we've still got Nate Webster, Jamie Winborn and Jordan Beck on the roster. Pretty good depth there.

Check out old no. 7's list of Bailey family children.

3 comments:

MB said...

Ah yes, that reminds me of a story from the English cricket team

James Ormond had just come out to bat on an Ashes tour and was greeted by Mark Waugh - whose brother was probably the best cricketer of his generation and captain of Australia:
"F*** me, look who it is? Mate, what are you doing out here, there’s no way you’re good enough to play for England"
James: "Maybe not, but at least I’m the best player in my family"

Hercules Rockefeller said...

Seriously everybody. I know this is pure speculation and utter nonsense, but I really think having the Bailey brothers in the game at the same time is going to be excellent.

If I was playing with one of my brothers? I'd bust my ass on every play.

Hallux Valgus said...

1st, it bears noting that, in addition to being Good Bailey's brother, he is also Dre Bly's best friend.

Second, when adding Boss Bailey to Marlon McCree, Marquand Manuel, and Keary Colbert, it's obvious that Denver LOVES alliteration. Fuck- go back to Bubby Brister, Jarious Jackson, and Le-Lo Lang.