Friday, March 21, 2008

Point of Order



I'd like to make sure that everyone out there that reads this site is aware that there is a commenter over at the Denver Post who also goes by the name of hercules rockefeller. I would also like to point out that he is not me.

The difference between me and he? Gems like this:

Elam's kicks will travel further in GA's humidity than in Denver's dry air, sea level or not. The difference in air density from the moisture (a nitrogen molecule is heavier than a water molecule) far outweighs the small difference in air pressure due to the difference in altitude. It's the main reason why Elam's 63 yard kick in denver's dry air is more impressive than Dempsey's 63 yard kick in Louisiana's humin air.

I know I'm not a physics professor, but don't the Falcons play in a temperature and humidity controlled dome, guy?

I'm not too sure about the rest of his theory, either. I don't see an inordinate number of home runs flying out of Pro Player Stadium. I don't know. Maybe one of you science nerdlingers can either confirm or deny fake hercules rockefeller's theory.

Anyway, my main point here is that people that comment on D Post newspaper articles are complete and utter jackasses and should be subject to forced sterilizations.

No comments: