Friday, May 29, 2009

The beginning of the end of the Brandon Marshall era




He wants a new contract. The Donks aren't going to give him one. Partly because they have no idea how his hip is going to be and partly because they don't know yet if he's going to be slapped with a suspension for his latest incident with his crazy-ass girlfriend (as an aside, Outside the Lines is doing an interview w/ the lunatic girlfriend this Sunday. I'll be all over that thing).

In a misguided attempt to force the Denver's hand, he's moved his hip rehab from Dove Valley to Orlando. He swears up and down that he's not going to hold out, but I don't buy that for a second. He's a completely self-obsessed diva wideout. A lengthy hold-out seems like it would be right up Marshall's fucking alley.

Yes, for as good as he is, Marshall is seriously under-paid. HOWEVAH he's not getting a new deal until he shows that he's healthy and the league announces that he's not getting whacked for 4 or 8 games this year. I don't see how moving his rehab to America's Wang helps him out on that score.

I think this is going to end ugly. As it was destined. As has happened with nearly every single "look at me!! I'm the greatest! I'm dancing!" wideout in the history of the NFL.

No comments: