Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Selvin Young is confident


Selvin Young's goal for this season is an admirable one.

I like high expectations and all, and I like it when guys set goals a little out of their reach so they have something to strive for, but...seriously. 2000 yards is pure fantasy land shit for a guy that hasn't been able to stay on the field for an entire season (either pro or college). That's like me saying that my goal for this year is to nail the top 5 in Maxim's Hot 100. It simply will never happen. Shanny (and a majority of the NFL) is currently on a RB-by-committee or RB-platoon kick. Selvin won't get enough carries to get anywhere near 2K.

A more realistic goal would be winning the #1 tailback job. Or maybe getting 1000 yards. Or maybe, I don't know, not getting hurt.

I hope the kid is successful, and by successful I mean stay healthy and piling up 800-1000 yards. I like the confidence, but we should try and stay out of the realm of the nearly impossible.

Keep reaching for the stars, kid!

1 comment:

Giggly Bits said...

I wonder if he was hoping to be able to add up training camp, pre-season, and some older high school scrimmage yards to get to that 2K mark.