Monday, April 6, 2009

Finally, some good news...for one moron at least



This keyboard-clutching freak show you see here is Dan Leone, a former game-day employee at the Lincoln Financial Field in Philly. He was fired earlier this offseason after posting his disappointment with the Brian Dawkins to Denver signing on his facebook page. To wit:

Dan is [expletive] devastated about Dawkins signing with Denver. . .Dam Eagles R Retarted!!"

It's not exactly Keats, but it gets his point across I guess.

Anyway, the Donks are playing in Philly this year and Dawkins has decided to hand over the two tickets he gets per away game to Mr. Leone and his keyboard:

"I thought it'd be a good gesture,'' Dawkins said. "Had I not . . . signed with Denver, that guy would still have his job. Obviously, he made a decision and out of emotion said something. He was one of probably thousands and thousands of Eagles fans who felt that way. That didn't surprise me, that someone said that on their Facebook. It did surprise me that he was let go, though. That really did surprise me. I felt it would be a good thing, to reach out to that individual and just let him know how much I appreciate it.''

What a real sweetheart.

1 comment:

Bird said...

WTF, why is a place like Lincoln Financial Field randomly searching facebook to make sure that the freakin guy who tears tickets at an entrance doesnt say anything bad about the team. Like anyone gives two shits about Dan's thoughts (no offense dan but seriously, use a fucking verb man).

You make me barf eagles...

Good on Dawkins though...